Re: keeping spare-time-contributors happy

[...]

TM> I plan to extend it with bodhi-push-update[-testing] targets, but
TM> not today. I tested it as much as I could, but there may be still
TM> something broken, so only use it at you own risk. But if you dare,
TM> please report back, whether this is useful for you.

Till,

Just tried your new addon Makefile on a new F-7 update, works very
nicely for me!  Yes, it would be also nice to have the
bodhi-push-update/testing targets as well, ultimately.  But this gets
you over the oft-quoted hurdle of having to go to the website and use
the spinner box to search for each of the updates, because you can run
it immediately after each (successful) build in turn while you are in
the F-7 branch directory for the package (and it prefills out the
notification from the changelog: yes!!).  Once the updates are queued,
it's easy to go the bodhi website to push them en-masse.

A couple of questions: 1) what's the difference between the
bodhi-create-update and bodhi-prepare-update targets?  2) is can use
bodhi-create-update smart enough to run the "make build" target
*first* (and making sure they are succesful) before creating the
update?  That way you could do your builds and pushes in one step, and
would almost get you back to the convenience of plague builds from the
FC-6 and earlier era... ;)

Thank you!

Alex

PS. The new "commit" target also helps speed up the process of
checking in updates to multiple branches (including for FC-6 builds
using plague).