Re: bodhi: Adding "new package"

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 07:10:19AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with bodhi's usability:
>
> The problem: I have rebuilt a larger number packages for fc7 and want to
> push them as updates. The current "new package" field however requires
> maintainers to remember all package details of package they might have
> pending. I.e. unless a maintainer carefully keeps book of koji-builds,
> he will loose oversight.
>
> Also, the "package name expansion magic" currently being used doesn't
> help me much. It almost never returns results suitable for me (most of
> my rebuilt packages are perl modules. Inserting "perl" or "perl-*"
> doesn't help at all).

I improved this feature a while ago, adding the ability to auto-complete
packages too (although, it has yet to hit our production instance).  Mike
has filed an enhancement request[0] for essentially removing the 'Release'
dropdown, and have bodhi intelligently present the developer with builds
that can potentially be pushed.

> Can we please have a better method to insert packages to "new updates"?
>
> Or even better: Can we have some sort of "browser" in bodhi, which
> contains all "koji-built and yet unreleased packages"?

This is a good idea.  This could be implemented along with the
enhancement request that I mentioned above.  I'm also in the process of
polishing up a command-line client for bodhi that will trivialize
bodhi-interaction.

luke

[0]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/ticket/84