Re: keeping spare-time-contributors happy

Jesse Keating wrote:
<snip>
This will open up updates pushing
to more than just me, and when that happens things can get pushed
faster.  Although once we hook up some sort of dep checker to the
process you'll likely not get more than one push per day as it is
extremely lengthy to generate a multilib set with the potential updates
and then check the deps across our now huge package set.  Suffice to
say that once a day pushes may be a reasonable expectation.

Erm, isn't the repoclosure script capable of checking acros miltiple repos? Then it would simply be a matter of building a small temp repo of proposed updates and then run repo closure on release + updates + proposed updates. Then we don't have to generate / compose the set. I imagine repoclusure itself will take quite a while too, but this way atleast things are easier.

Another solution would be a chroot with an install everything install and run yum update in there with the proposed updates repo enabled, then one can automatically test for problems in a quite quick way.

Regards,

Hans