Re: Fedora branding and fedorapeople.org

seth vidal wrote :

> On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 16:33 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
>
> > Dunno... maybe some people like the default apache listings. And some
> > things are a matter of taste (I prefer without the icons for instance).
> >
> > But the default "AllowOverride All" is already pretty cool, as it lets
> > anyone customize their page quite a bit.
>
> Well the AllowOverride isn't ALL it is:
>
> AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes

My bad :-)

About the index, if the default is changed to something with a nice
Fedora look, then it should probably only contain the header and
footer, since a side menu wouldn't make much sense, except maybe if
it's something very simple like only "Parent Directory" (../) and
"Website Home" (/).

If anyone feels like cooking something up, the html/css was taken from
the pkgdb page, and the IndexOptions from :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexoptions

Seems like it would be pretty trivial to put the header, footer, css
and image somewhere and choose default index options to go with them.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.5-71.fc7
Load : 3.95 2.87 1.94