Re: Imminent package removal request : d4x

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 10:37 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, d4x (downloader for X) is licensed under the
> _original_ Artistic license. As such, it is not acceptable for
> inclusion in Fedora, so should be removed.
>
> I've notified the author a few weeks ago, asking him if he'd be willing
> to switch to the clarified or 2.0 versions of the Artistic license
> (which are acceptable for Fedora), but only got one first answer,
> nothing since... and nothing happened.
>
> So I have no other choice than to retire the package and ask rel-eng to
> remove it from development.

Before we pull it (which we can do), if you want to try to keep it in
Fedora, send one last email to the upstream maintainer, letting him know
that unless he relicenses it (either to an acceptable Artistic
alternative, or dual licensed with something acceptable), we will be
removing it.

~spot