Re: This list isn't working out. Or, why do we have fedora-devel and fedora-maintainers

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:20:52 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> >
> > > Can we either get a lot more disciplined
> > > about pointing out when people are using the wrong list or (this would
> > > be my choice) kill off fedora-maintainers.
> >
> > Can we please just kill it, it's confusing me too.

I'm convinced, too, that this list doesn't work at all. Too many
lists and no clear guidelines which topics belong onto which list.

> What lists should someone working with/for Fedora be subscribed to
> these days? Could we just have a fedora-memo-list and fedora-tech-list
> and be done with it?

Yes, please. At least one announce-list with mandatory subscription
where you can be sure you can reach all contributors. In particular,
FESCo and other leadership people need a way to address all
contributors anyway. On this list it doesn't work out.