Re: gnomebaker ownership

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:45:41 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> >> You can mention your intent on
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages too.
> >
> > We should kill that page. It doesn't match the activity in the pkgdb.
> >
> Is the page currently up to date?

See:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-February/msg00598.html

I'm not aware of anyone who has tried to keep the page, owners.list,
bugzilla tickets, cvs and the repo in sync.

>  Should I sync orphaned status from
> there to the pkgdb before redirecting people?

cvs owners.list should be accurate up to 2007-02-20, and the green box
on the page shows which orphans have been removed from the repos and
disabled in %prep in cvs. After 2007-02-20 there is no guarantee that
orphans have been marked as such in owners.list and have been added to
the page. In the past there have been a few fruitless discussions
about a policy on orphans. Objections against removing orphans from
the repos, and we've only agreed on pruning extras-devel.

Potentially unmaintained packages are not covered anywhere else.
A flag in the pkgdb should be able do to that.

> I'd like to replace the page with brief instructions on orphaning a
> package like:
>
> '''To orphan a package, log into the
> [https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/ Package Database]
> and select the package you want to orphan.  Then hit the "Release
> Ownership" button for each active branch that you want to orphan.
>
> To take on an orphaned package, log into the package database and select
> the package you want to become the owner for.  Then press the button to
> "Take Ownership".
>
> To see what packages are currently available, look at this list of
> [https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/orphan orphaned
> packages].
> '''

Go ahead with killing the Wiki list of orphans. The pkgdb should
take over.