Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
Got your attention? Good.

GPL and LGPL are NOT acceptable License tags for Fedora. You cannot
simply use "GPL" or "LGPL" as a license tag anymore.

You have to use one of the following tags:
[...]

I hope this is the right forum to ask questions to help clarify which license to use for various packages. If not, then please direct me to the correct forum.

Many files in the iwidgets package use the following:

# Permission is hereby granted, without written agreement and without
# license or royalty fees, to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
# software and its documentation for any purpose, provided that the
# above copyright notice and the following two paragraphs appear in
# all copies of this software.

This seems to be basically the MIT license, but with some minor rephrasing. Before I start tagging the package as 'MIT and ...', I'd like to verify that I can use 'MIT' here.

--Wart