Re: how to rename a packge?

On Friday 17 August 2007, Till Maas wrote:
> Hiyas,
>
> cryptsetup-luks has been renamed to cryptsetup, so if I want to reflect
> this change in Fedora, how can this be done?

Packaging related instructions:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#head-3cfc1ea19d28975faad9d56f70a6ae55661d3c3d

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife only
> mentions how to remove cryptsetup-luks but not how the new
> cryptsetup "branch"(?) in cvs is created (and all the other stuff, e.g.
> copying the acl and add a new component to Bugzilla, ...)

I suppose that would be just like adding any new package.  Be sure also to add
information about the rename so the CVS admins know what's going on.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure