Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

On Friday 17 August 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Please, go back to common sense with this one and do what the vast
> majority of authors intended by putting a GPLv2 COPYING file in their
> source tarball, not what we know is the most liberal licensing that we
> can legally distribute their code under.

-1

Again, the COPYING they put there explicitly says "If the Program does not
specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever
published by the Free Software Foundation."

Guessing that they actually meant v2 or something else when the files they
actually put in the distribution themselves _explicitly say otherwise_, and
labeling them according to our guess without asking for clarification would
be pretty damn arrogant, and plain wrong.