Re: When are kernels removed from the download repository? (was Re: Policy for retiring packages?)

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:16:37PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 13:12:33 Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > So those policies aren't going to help you since you need to find out
> > when a built kernel rpm is being dropped from the download repository.
> > The policy only addresses when a package is being dropped from the cvs
> > repository.
> >
> > Jesse, Michael Schwendt, or one of the relengs might know the answer to
> > this but there's currently no written policy that I'm aware of.
>
> In the new merged world, only the latest updates are in the repo at any time.
> This is just due to how mash is used in conjunction with Koji.  We ask koji
> for all the latest packages in the dist-fc7-updates and
> dist-fc7-updates-testing tags and create repos from scratch.

This seems to not hold true for the kernel packages, currently both 33
and 41 are in updates-released.

(not that I mind, but I wanted to understand the retiring policy to be
able to react better with kernel supproting packages, aka kmdls)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net