Bugzilla quick search broken?

Hello,

i tend to use the quick search on bugzilla a lot (i.e. the search you
see on the front page). Recently, when entering a word, I get the
message

'fish' is not a valid bug number. It is neither a bug number nor an
alias to a bug number. If you are trying to use QuickSearch, you need
to enable JavaScript in your browser.

a lot, despite having javascript enabled in firefox. No doubt I am
doing somethign stupid. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Cheers, Jonathan