Re: Bodhi updates-testing Autopush, Anonymous Commenting

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
I have a different view on this.  I would like updates-testing to be
strictly for updates that are headed for the repository.  As such, there
should be no way to disable the timeout on updates-testing.  This is to
help those users who want to constantly run later packages from the
testing repo to run them knowing that they are all candidates for
release.

And what is to guarantee maintainers actually look at feedback? Maybe a package is pushed to testing with a timeout of 7 days, and for whatever reason, they don't notice 50 "this update eats my file system" comments on the update. Sounds like a great idea.

The whole point of -testing is that we're assuming updates might not ready for production. If we want to assume that updates _are_ ready to be pushed, let's just skip -testing altogether and fix bugs post facto.