Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

On 06/03/2007 09:45 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

Torrent only release

I remember this was discussed before but when a new release is made and we are waiting for the mirrors to sync why not do a torrent only release immediately?

For this release, it would have been particularly bad to release it
before the mirrors had at least synced the new layout.  People would
instinctively have done 'yum update' and had yum report that it couldn't
find repodata from the mirrors.
FWIW: I know tons of mirrors - even among those listed at http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist - who are still not accessible due to the new layout. A torrent would have bypassed this problem. And yum update is still not accessible for those who - like me - are still at FC6.