Christopher Blizzard wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:31 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
All we're really trying to do is make good packages. We've tried
really
hard to make guidelines that lead to good, clean,
maintainable-long-after-you-are-dead packages.

I hear what you are saying and I understand.  What I'm saying is that
there's a fine line between making good packages and going over the
edge.  So in your example, documenting is good.  But if you end up with
an exception process?  I think that probably crosses the line.  Dispute
resolution, maybe.  But I just worry that we're going somewhere we don't
want to be.  Not sure how to properly put this into words.

I'm totally in agreement that an exception process isn't somewhere we want to go. Arbitration when there's a dispute causes less impedance to actually getting things done, while still achieving the same goals.

--
  Peter