Re: Spilt libperl from perl

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:21:03PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Actually 2 is a problem that multilib doesn't solve, I've written some scripts / hacks to be able to build i386 on x86_64 without using mock because I have a slow link and thus mock used to take eons, now it only takes ages (--autocache rules!). However these scripts were a big hack, and even with this big hack things didn't always work properly. Using mock is the only sane way to build i386 packages on an x86_64 install.

I am not very knowledgable in those issues, but what about those who
just want to do a ./configure with the right flags/environemnt vars
to specifically build an i386 package in an x86_64 install.

That won't work unless you're really really lucky, most configure scripts and makefiles are not written with this in mind, and thus fail miserably.

Also things like pkg-config for example will still look under /usr/lib64/pkgconfig even when run with/through setarch i386.

Regards,

Hans