Re: FYI - cvs-import.sh changes

Le Mer 11 avril 2007 14:16, Axel Thimm a écrit :

>> All this to say that cvs-import.sh isn't even actually _required_
>> anymore :-)
>
> In fact I thought that "not required" meant "not allowed" anymore,
> since only the CVS admins should import packages until a new mechanism
> is put in place. Did some packagers cheat? :)

Some people like me use cvs-import.sh to upload new versions in a
controlled manner :

1. cvs co + make srpm to get the current package state
2. expand the srpm in a clean root, modify it
3. rpmbuild -bs --nodeps
4. mock the result
5. test
6. cvs-import the mock-produced srpm changeset

And yes that's not how everyone works but not having to interact directly
with cvs (appart from the initial co) keeps me semi-sane.

--
Nicolas Mailhot