Re: RFC: Signed JAR Packaging Policy

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le lundi 12 mars 2007 à 14:57 -0400, Jesse Keating a écrit :
On Monday 12 March 2007 14:52:48 Dennis Gilmore wrote:
The only people that can sign the jar's are sun.  No one else.
Hrm, that doesn't match what I was asked internally, it sounded like we would be able to get it signed after we built it, but we wouldn't be able to expose that step that does the signing.

SUN has been known to bless third-party signing certificates provided
their use was restricted to a well-defined entity. So a Red Hat
certificate is a possibility. A Fedora one would conflict with the
project charter.

Right. A signing certificate can be requested by filling this out and faxing it to Sun:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/crypto/CertForm.txt

What their policies are for issuing certificates I don't know.

rob