Hi,
On 3/8/07, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:22:06 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>   * what does FESCo think about the garbage-collector.rpm idea discussed
> in
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2007-March/msg00089.html
> Or is this something for the Packaging Committee?

It's shocking to see that some commenters question the use of versioned
Obsoletes.
 Is that wrong thing to ask maintainers to have versioned Obsoletes?
If yes then we got a bug against rpmlint's warning message
"unversioned-explicit-obsoletes"
Whose description is given as->
The specfile contains an unversioned Obsoletes: token, which will match all
older, equal and newer versions of the obsoleted thing.  This may cause update
problems, restrict future package/provides naming, and may match something it
was originally not inteded to match -- make the Obsoletes versioned if
possible.

So what is the correct way for handling above rpmlint warning message?
May be i am wrong in my understanding. Kindly correct me.
Regards,
Parag.