Re: Proposed guideline for init script files

I truly apologize for getting into this so late... but...

Jesse Keating wrote:
Please take a moment to read through http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitScripts
Question: what right do we have to destroy our users initscripts
when they changed? There has been an expectation for a number of
years, in a number of packages that if an initscript that has
changed it will be preserved on updates.. So why should we change that?

After reading through this entire thread, I just really don't not
see *any* valid reason or justification why packages maintainer can
do anything (and everything!) to preserver things like initscripts,
if and only if they have changed... especially since thats has
been the expectation for many, many years...

So to than end... if even if this initscript policy stands,
there is a very real chance I am simply going to ignore
it... for one reason and one reason only....

I *care* more about my users configuration files (including
their initscripts) that I do some *#$S policy... And I
bet my users will thank me for that.. esp the ones what
have there initscirpts save!

steved.