Re: Future owners/ACL choices

On 2/24/07, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> notting and I are in agreement that Commit, packagedb ACLs, and
> notifications will be requested by user and approved by package owner
> (I'm thinking of auto-approving watchbugzilla and watchcommits but I
> hadn't mentioned that before.)  We disagree about ownership.  I think we
> should allow members of cvsextras to take and release ownership at will.

I must be misunderstanding your proposal.  You want actions X, Y, and Z
to be approved by the package owner ... but anyone can become the
package owner at will?  This does not compute.  You might as well just
say that every member of cvsextras has all the keys to the kingdom.

Reading between the lines I think you might have meant that anyone could
take ownership of a currently-unowned package; but that's not what you
actually said.

You are correct:

Releasing packages:
Owned package: owner may release at will

Taking Packages:
Orphaned package: Anyone with cvsextras may take
Owned package: Not usually allowed.  Requests for this would be queued
and approved by an admin.

Sorry about that; Jason's reply should also have clued me in that I
was being less than clear.

-Toshio