Re: changing the format of owners.list

Josh Boyer wrote:
Hence, if you currently have co-maintainers listed in initialcclist,
you'll want them moved to the owner field. Feel free to notify
cvsadmin-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or set the review bug to fedora-cvs?
in bugzilla, and we'll get this taken care of.

And all of this is going to magically work with the ACL system recently
put in place?  As in, for new packages both maintainers will have commit
access, etc?

I'm assuming it's not going to break ACLs for current packages, but I'm
curious about new ones.

I don't know if this decision was changed since it was made, but as I understand it...

- Old packages have no pkg.acl file by default.
- New packages have a blank pkg.acl file by default, meaning only owners may make changes in that package. - owners.list listing multiple owners has a dual purpose: Who to allow to checkin when a pkg.acl exists, but also who is allowed to modify pkg.acl.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx