Re: RFC: Review with Flags (Version 4)

Warren Togami wrote:
I think this procedure should be good enough for both Mass Review and general package review for an interim period, prior to a better design in Package Database. I would like to ratify this process late Thursday if possible, so please comment soon if you see problems.

First of all let me say that in general I like this and that I'm glad this is being refined and people are listened too.

<snip>

Review Process
==============
1. Review Request is filed
    fedora-review is BLANK
    Assigned to nobody
2. Reviewer Takes a Request
    fedora-review is ?
    Assigned to reviewer
Can't we make this part (3a and 3b) :
3a. If review denied and needs work
    Comment
    fedora-review-
    NEEDINFO to whoever needs to fix it.
3b. fedora-review- and owner provides fix
    fedora-review back to ?, to request re-review
Optional? For many reviews esp. of new packages there are one or 2 small items which need fixing which get fixed very fast, to me this is just unnecessary work in those case. Now for more complicated packages, reviews moving slowly this is a good idea. So why not make this optional and let the reviewer decide wether todo step 3a or not (and when 3a is done the owner is ofcourse oblidged todo 3b).

4. If APPROVED
    fedora-review+
    Assign to owner
5. After fedora-review+
    initiate the fedora-cvs request procedure
6. After fedora-cvs procedure
    checkin
    build
    verify buids
    set to CLOSED RAWHIDE

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Who gets to decide on what the final procedure will be. Currently the decission making process is very unclear. Thus FESCO get to vote on this, or some other committee?