Re: RFC: Review with Flags (Version 3)

Hans de Goede wrote:
Warren Togami wrote:
3) NEEDINFO is used to avoid changing the Assigned pointer when fixes are needed.

Fedora Review Flag States
=========================
fedora-review BLANK (Not under review at all!)
fedora-review? (I want a review)
fedora-review- (rejected, needs work, set NEEDINFO to person who needs to fix it)
fedora-review+ (APPROVED)

Why all the ping-ponging between ? and - during the review and all the ping-ponging between ASSIGNED and NEEDINFO. In FE we've never done this ping-ponging and we've never felt a need to introduce this IMHO this are just unnecesarry mouse clicks. NEEDINFO and fedora-review- may be a good idea if either the person requesting the review or the reviewer are slow to respond. But in my experience there is a bit of quick discussion between the two and the whole review process is finished with a day or two (for normal packages) I really feel that all this changing of flags and status is just unnecesarry mouse clicks.
+1

NEEDINFO or fedora-review- should be used when the new information from
the submitter or the reviewer who should respond is lacking, and currently
I use NEEDINFO status for this purpose. For review request which is rather
active and in which the submitter and the reviewer are communitating well,
NEEDINFO or fedora-review is not needed. Usually I set the status as
NEEDINFO when the new information lacks for one week.

Mamoru