Re: new features in package CVS

Dan Williams schrieb:
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 15:48 -0800, Peter Gordon wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>> To add an ACL to your package, add a 'pkg.acl' file to either
>>> the package toplevel, or to a particular branch, such as FC-6
>>> or devel. ACLs are inherited; branches will inherit ACLs from
>>> the toplevel.
>> Is this ACL for CVS access only, or also for build submissions?
> For build submissions, it would seem fairly easy to have the build
> system check the pkg.acl from it's pristine pkgcvs checkout and ensure
> that the job owner is listed in the pkg.acl file, and otherwise fail the
> job.  That's not as ideal as a real accounts system, since the buildsys
> would have to do some work before it could check the ACL, but it ensures
> that a build not requested by one of the owners would not be allowed.
>
> Those in the job_admin group might still be allowed to build any
> package, like they can kill/requeue/finish any job already.  Thoughts?

I'd prefer if we could have different ACL lists for committing to
packages and building *in the longer term* (e.g. probably get that info
from the package database). That way we can give a new contributors
access to a package in cvs, but no access to build the stuff (that could
do his sponsor or a primary maintainer).

CU
thl