Re: new features in package CVS

Tom Lane wrote:
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 07:05:42PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
OK, but then the default for existing packages is to be wide open :-(.

That's the current default, from the beginning of time until today.

Yeah, but that default has been for developers *within Red Hat* to have
open access to each other's packages.  Perhaps I'm not understanding
something, but I thought that the brave new world was going to involve
anyone who'd signed up for a Fedora account to have commit access to our
CVS.

I am prepared to trust other people within Red Hat, but not just any
J. Random Hacker.

			regards, tom lane

Why thank you for the compliment and for trusting the community. I'll gladly admit not everyone with a CVS account has excellent packaging skills, but everyone has gone through the sponsorship process and just has been tested to have some packaging skills and more importantly to be thrustworthy. As said I maintain 98 packages, and have had none of them touched in a harmfull way. Just because someone is a beginning packager doesn't mean that he will start submitting random changes to other peoples packages.

Regards,

Hans