Re: Freeze for Test1 is in 2 weeks + 1 day

> This will come up fast.  For this test release I'm planning:
>
> A Fedora Desktop Spin (with LiveCD)
> A Fedora Server Spin
>
> Each of these spins can include packages that are either in Core or Extras,
> given that we'll be merging later.
>
> The Core set can be frozen easily, can we make the same happen for Extras?

Ok, realistically here's what would need to happen to freeze Extras (not
necessarily in this order)

1) Lock down the FE-devel repository

This can be done by either selectively pushing things, or by completely
turning off build access through plague.  Essentially, "freeze" would
mean no new packages and no version upgrades of current packages.

2) Open a freeze-update blocker bug in bugzilla

This would track requests to allow fixes to be pushed to the frozen
repository after being reviewed by a "Freeze Review Team"

3) Create the Freeze Review Team

This is a group of individuals that would monitor the tracking bug and
ACK or NACK the requests.  If ACKed, a package would be built and pushed
into the repo at that point.

4) Email -extras, -devel, and -maintainers with the above information as
soon as we can to get the word out.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but that's a 10,000 meter view of what's
going to be needed.  We'll need help from the Infrastructure Team, and
we'll need to get the review team in place rather quickly.  This should
be added to the FESCo agenda for this week.

Thoughts?

josh