Re: icon cache scriplet guideline update

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 07:43 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Because, frankly, poo-pooing the current proposal/guidelines in favor of
> some handy-wavy theoretical lacking-actual-implementation solution, is
> no solution.

Well, the point is, the current proposal does not address the "multiple
packages needlessly updating caches multiple times" problem at all. Thus
people are questioning what problem this proposal actually solves.

Also, I think people are wary of going through with the proposed change,
only to have to go back through and change it all *again* once we Fix
The Real Problem(TM).