Re: FC7 plan comments

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 07:46:45AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:55:36AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > > DANGER WILL ROBINSON, possible patent problems:
> > > http://bazsi.blogspot.com/2006/07/thoughts-on-patent-system.html
> > Why didn't this come up when syslog-ng was brought into extras many
> > moons ago?
>
> Maybe I'm misreading, but are they really claiming that an existing program
> retroactively violates a patent they're just now filing?

Looks like they claim that they filed the patent in time, but that the
patent grant process is still ongoing, and until it's granted they
cannot disclose its content.

If the public work external to the patent holders is preceeding the
filing date of the patent the patent would be invalid to start with.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net