Re: icon cache scriplet guideline update

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Matthias Clasen (mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
if we have to run it it in the rpm transaction. it should be run only once per rpm transaction not once per rpm.
That's one thing to consider for the "revive rpm development" effort.

The logical place to do things like this would be in a yum plugin.
However, that's going to run into the 'don't want to use yum' problem,

rpm plugins?  (:

so you start having to tie hooks into rpm itself, which leads you to
macro-ization of everything, %define __post_transaction_hook, a mechanism
to pass arbitrary transaction data from a commandline program to another
commandline helper... fun.

fun indeed. From what I've seen so far, something along those lines seems to be the best solution to this general type of problem (similar/same scriptlets being repeatedly run within the same rpm/yum job/transaction).