Re: Finding unowned and multiply-owned directories

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, seth vidal wrote:

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 00:28 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
I have spent a bit of time working on a utility which parses repodata
(filelists.xml) and determines which directories are multiply owned
and which are unowned.  The result seems to work pretty well, but the
full report (run over both core and extras repodata) is 30000 lines.

In case no one encouraged you - get this checked in to SOMEWHERE. I'd
like to see tools capable of telling us large-scale silliness in the
distro or packages and things like this help us.

We might not have a good place for it right now but we can make one - a
general distro-tools or whatever cvs location is fine until we find a
better home.

+1

It'd be nice to have all these nice distro sanity check scripts (like this, evr-comparison between branches etc) in one spot.

Checklib, http://rerun.lefant.net/checklib/howto-fix-problems.html,
implements superfluous and multiple libraries detection for Debian
package. Does Fedora has a similar utility ? It may be an addition to
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip or rpmlint.

	Christophe

  / |  '     \    | |"""""""""|       -= GRENIER Christophe =-
     ====         !_!--v---v--"       http://www.cgsecurity.org
    /  __/~| ._-""||        |      Email: grenier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx