Re: Vote on your name choice for FC6!

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Friday 06 October 2006 09:23, Jesse Keating wrote:

Actually no.  It is BY DESIGN that only maintainers would vote.  The last
release I gathered the email addresses of those on maintainer's list and
sent the survey directly to them.  This time around I ran out of time and
just sent it to -maintainers list.  People then "shared" the URL, which
while I didn't say so, I didn't want to have happen.  Contributing to
Fedora should have some perks, one of these perks is voting on the name.  I
STRONGLY feel that it should be restricted to those that are contributors
to the Fedora project.

The right place for the vote to take place is the fedora voting system that we used for fesco. Im not sure how hard it is to add a new election but it shouldnt be hard to do. we have the framework Lets use it.

Its not hard to reuse it. In fact, we already are doing so for http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/2006Nominations

Rahul