Re: Please add autoconf and automake to the buildroot

Jesse Keating wrote:
I don't accept your claim that these are the most common used packages to build our rpms.
These tools have been around since the early days of UNIX and
have been used every since... so whether you accept that or not
is.... well... indifferent...

They should be viewed just like any other build requirement and listed as such. For you its two auto* packages. To somebody else, it's just pkgconfig, to yet another person its just intltool and gettext, so on and so forth. The line has to be drawn somewhere and it has been drawn.
Personally I think we should a bit more flexible and open to consider
adding packages that have very real potential of stopping undetectable
rpm corruption. Call me crazy... but I think thats a good idea verses
sticking to a policy that allows corruption...

steved.