Re: Please add autoconf and automake to the buildroot

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:43 -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:

> Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > the guidelines are pretty clear on what is and is not included by default.  If
> > you call autoconf or outomake  then you need to BR them  its fairly simple.
> > The problem should have shown up in your local mock build before you
> > committed the build.
> Thats the point... nothing error-ed out because there was an
> outdated makefile that already existed and so it was used...
> Again, this is an *undetectable* situation that will cause
> rpm corruption but is easily fixed by simply adding autoconf
> and automake to the buildroot..

Where's your SRPM?  It's hard to tell whether it is the case that
autoconf and automake need to be installed in the buildroot or if there
need to be other changes without your failure case.

BTW, Steve Grubb and Paul Howarth had some points that I hope you reply
to.

-Toshio