From: "Axel Thimm" <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Discussion related to Fedora Extras" <fedora-extras-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:48 AM
Subject: fedora legacy broken upgrade paths (was: Broken upgrade paths inFC+FE 2006-06-28)

> --
Hi,

I extracted the FL relevant parts of broken upgrade paths. This is
part of an automated mail sent to the fedora-extras list:

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:10:24AM -0400, buildsys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> mozilla:
>   3: 37:1.7.13-1.3.1.legacy (FL3-updates)
>   4: 37:1.7.13-1.1.fc4 (FC4-updates)
>   5: 37:1.7.13-1.1.fc5 (FC5-updates)
>   6: 37:1.7.13-1.1.fc5 (FC6)

This happend because instead of "fc3" the disttag was chosen to be
simply "3" which is rpm-bigger than any "fcX".

The only way to fix FL broken paths is to bump the evr of the
subsequent releases :/

FL or a spokesman of FL like Jesse need to lobby FC or FE for
something like this to happen. Let's hope there will be some new
security issue in mozilla 1.7.13 soon ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net