Re: more Core dependency data

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 08:32:13AM +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
Mostly duplicates functionality we have in mc already. The only
advantage it has is that it's able to edit/view raw devices and contains
helpers to edit sectors, etc. The new upstream version also uses color
highlighting of the numbers based on their value (they call it "fruit
salad" view mode), which is also missing in mc so far.

Also, mc sucks. :)

When I see a better file manager that is at least as stable
and functional - at a bare minimum, and doesn't crash every
time you move the mouse cursor too fast or sneeze, I might
try it.

Until then I'll continue to use mc.  I certainly would prefer
it to stay in Fedora Core rather than Extras both for personal
reasons as well as knowing others will feel the same.  When you
log into a remote machine and want to perform file management
activities, and the host of other features that mc has, you do
not necessarily have the bandwidth available to run a GUI
filemanager, and there's no guarantee that X libraries are
even installed on a remote box, let alone nautilus or something.

Please keep mc in Core for sysadmins and developer types.

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                      Proud Canadian.