Re: gtk+ stuff moving out of Core

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 20:31 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Can we find a way to seamlessly move all those packages into
Extras so that the combined FC/FE tree stays consistent during
this change? We can then still orphan the packages from FE, if
nothing needs them.

Sure, we find somebody to take these packages, they prepare CVS and get
packages ready to go.  At some point between rawhide pushes, we drop it
from core and release it in Extras in very short time.  Coordinated.
This would be pretty seemless, right?

I may be missing something, but why (after finding a new maintainer and let him/her import gtk+ + glib into CVS) don't we just release gtk+ and glib in FE with a newer release and then the next day or even after a few days drop it from core then we would avoid a "rac window" and I see no harm in this.

Regards,

Hans