Isn't it time for the encrypted file system???

Received an FedEX from Fidelity this morning seems, one of their laptops was stolen. On the laptop, was the Personal information, including Social Security number, of everyone in the HP Retirement plan (I suppose this includes DEC/Compaq and HP. They have us jumping through hoops and going to Credit Agencies to watch for unusual activity. Now if the system had been encrypted ... Now why was this data on a laptop? I don't know.

Laptops have becoming the standard machine for people, replacing the desktop. We need to consider defaulting FC6 with encrypted filesystem or at least homedirs out of the box. This should be a key feature of FC6.

Dan