Re: New printer administration tool design for comments

Tim Waugh wrote:
cupsd.conf: -----------
| Allow from localhost |
| AuthClass Basic      |

printers.conf: ------
| AllowUser the_user |

In addition to the current "certificates" method of
avoiding the need to type in a password when submitting jobs, we could
patch CUPS to use D-BUS for the same purpose.

This is exactly what d-bus was designed to do. Go for it. (If we ever get our cert story together, it would be great to support that as a method as well.)

--Chris