Re: Need help to fix xmms x86_64 build

Matthias Saou wrote:
Hi,

I'm seeing a problem I really don't know how to solve when rebuilding xmms
for x86_64. When using mach or plain rpmbuild, things seem to work fine,
but when using mock (I've reproduced it locally) or the Extras builsystem,
many plugins fail to build/link properly, and end up only as .a archives
instead of .so. Typical nasty build output looks like this :

<snip>

Hi,

I've a x86_64 myself and although I would like to see xmms replaced by something which actually is maintained upstream I too currently don't see an alternative which "just works (TM)" so I'll take a look at it. I probably won't have time untill this weekend though.

Regards,

Hans