Re: Shell access to fedora.redhat.com machines

Elliot Lee wrote:

Hi all,

I've set things up so we can start to allow shell accounts on
*.fedora.redhat.com (and hopefully *.fedoraproject.org, RSN), enabling
more people to create and enhance Fedora infrastructure. There are now
three groups in the account system - sysadmin-build (for people
maintaining the build systems), sysadmin-web (for people hacking on web
infrastructure) and sysadmin (for people doing general infrastructure
maintenance).

These shell accounts are only to be used for Fedora project-related stuff
- please don't put any personal materials or services or 'stuff' in them.

What about shell access to debug problems on architectures we don't otherwise have access to? I don't necessarily have the time to work on Fedora infrastructure projects, but I have occaisionally run into build problems, with x86_64 for example, where debugging has been done via reading build logs and asking questions on mailing lists when I might have more quickly found the problem on my own given shell access to the right machine.

-Quentin