Re: proposal to remove static libs from -devel packages for FC5

On 07/27/2005 02:39 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 01:22 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 00:56 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:

If it affects mozilla, firefox and friends, so be it ... what shall I
say ... design probs therein.
Design flaws and all, don't break my packages in your quest for
package divinity.
Pardon? Are you seriously expecting "the world isn't a'changing"?

We are talking about "changing packaging conventions" to reduce to
possibilities of potential bugs. If you guys are unwilling to change
anything on your packages, we can stop this discussion now.
So let me get this straight. The package maintainer has alerted everyone to the problem (which you agree with), has said what the ideal fix is (which you agree with), and has publicly announced that the ideal fix will be accepted if someone offers a patch. How is that unwilling to accept change?

IMO, the only thing that we should be discussing now since you are so adamant about this whole affair is when you are going to stop ranting about naming schemes, and provide me with a patch to let Firefox build against the shared nspr libs instead of the static nspr libs, as that would obviate this entire discussion.