Re: Duplicated files in the pristine FC4t2 installation

Putting on evil hat:

I already was afraid that would be used as an argument, taking this over the top glibc-devel and glibc-common don't contain COPYING, only glibc does.

That can be explained in 2 ways:
-all (L)GPL devel rpms should be modified to include COPYING
-we can create a licenses.rpm  as long as its Requires: by rpms which
 fall under one of the licenses in licenses.rpm

Regards,

Hans

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
About licenses what about a licenses.rpm which gets installed by default which contains most common licenses and which is an obligatory part of the base system. And then just put a ptr to the license in the rpm -qi info? That would also cleanout /usr/share/doc since quite a few dirs there only contain a copy of the GPL / MPL / whatever license

problem is that the GPL at least requires you to ship the license with
the software. And RPMs get used and for sure distributed outside
fedora...