Re: package functionality - is it a core feature?

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Some of the discussion on fedora-devel was about certain Core
packages and whether or not they seemed appropriate for Core as
opposed to Extras. So, collecting more opinions at this point on:

- iptstate

iptstate is tiny but useful, IMHO.

- cscope
No opinion.

- tora

Every time I've tried to figure out tora in the past 3 years, it seemed to be totally inoperative or horribly bad at doing anything useful with our open source database. Not to mention it is extremely prone to crashing. IMHO it isn't too useful for us to ship in either Core or Extras, especially because we can't build it to interface with Oracle.

- Emacs addons - mew/ddskk/flim/wl
I am in the complete removal of *emacs* camp.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx