Re: What if we moved to Discourse?

Hello Adam, et al,

I definitely like the idea of consolidation for ease of tracking, which
was why I asked about Pagure plugins to Taiga after one of our other
Editorial meetings for the magazine. In my limited experience, I find
the Taiga board to be the most effective tool for articles specifically
being moved through the publishing steps. Having Pagure for the article
ideas as issues tracking, is on it's own fine but maybe magazine
article ideas are not like issues/feature requests. IDK. The
notifications I get from Taiga are handy, and informative, as is the
mailing list. But Pagure can be setup to notify you as well, and I only
recently turned on my notifications for the Fedora Magazine issue
tracker. Perhaps some of the more seasoned Editors could point out tips
and tricks we can use to create a must know FAQ for editors to follow
covering this topic. I still can't imagine it being more painful to do
some python programming to integrate the plugin from Pagure with Taiga,
than it would be to shift the process paradigm by the extent required
for moving to a forum based community discussion model for article idea
generation and then still not solve the broken link between the idea
and the spec card creation we face currently. Personally, I think
Pagure is fine, it is how we use it that determines our success with
it.
So, from the community involvement POV, the Discourse Forum approach
would definitely open that up more to the general Fedora community,
which would be good for potential participation increase. I just don't
see how it solves the idea to spec link issue we face with
Pagure/Taiga. It only eliminates the mailing list as an idea voicing
medium for members of the community who may choose that method for
their own reasons.
I'm not sold on the idea yet.

Jakfrost