Magazine and overall Fedora marketing

With my role at Red Hat changing somewhat this year (bigger organization,
for example), I expect to have less substantial time to do Magazine work
regularly, and to do the background work of tying Magazine ideas into the
Fedora leaders' overall vision for the project. We have a new Fedora
Community Action and Impact Coordinator (riecatnor) who I understand is
trying to get more of a unified approach across the way Fedora is
advertised/marketed using its websites, Marketing team, etc.

The Magazine has been somewhat separate from Marketing, with its own
focused mission and process. That focus has helped it be successful and
well defined. I'm certain that focus can continue. However, Marie may want
to understand how it works, and be able to include it in overall plans for
community work in the project, as well as align with release or other
advertising.

I'd invite her to join the Magazine list[1] to stay informed about things
as needed. I also understand Adam Šamalík who is one of our chief editors
will be at the Fedora Council meeting in Brno later this month. That would
be a great opportunity for you two to meet up and discuss how Magazine fits
into the big picture, and plan accordingly.

Marie, if you have questions about Magazine, feel free to ask here or on
IRC Freenode #fedora-magazine. Happy to help!

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/magazine%40lists.fedoraproject.org/

--
Paul