Re: Idea

Also agree that history is important and interesting.  That said, there was
history before RedHat and RedHat certainly built on that foundation.  In
any case, even an article restricted to the history of RedHat/Fedora would
be interesting to me.  I know a few of the names, but not most of them.  If
somebody doesn't start writing the history now, the "source code" (people
who made the history) will be dead and unavailable for interview/commentary.

Also... ANYONE is qualified to write an article.  Remember; Noah's Ark was
built by amateurs, the Titanic was built by professionals.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 9:13 AM Paul Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree history is interesting and important. However, this doesn't
> seem very Fedora specific, and we try to concentrate on that for the
> Magazine. I would encourage more topics that are practically useful
> for our readers.
>
> Paul
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 9:41 AM pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > I was thinking of things that would make good articles and remembered an
> > presentation I had found on line a while back. The link is below. I
> > think a remake of this would be well received. The following are
> > suggestions for the update:
> >
> >         Less focus on politics
> >         Updated to current state
> >         An article not a slide set
> >
> > I think folks like to know about the history of things they are involved
> > with.
> >
> > I'm not qualified to write this; so I haven't posted it as an article
> > proposal.
> >
> >         Have a Great Day!
> >
> >         Pat     (tablepc)
> >

> > https://dkaspar.fedorapeople.org/share/slides/history-of-FOSS.pdf
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/magazine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Buy my books!  The Wives of Jacob, Book I, In the Beginning, The
Post-Apocalyptic Blacksmith, 777 Bon Mots for Gunslingers and Other Real
Men, available at most on-line booksellers in multiple formats.Note:  The
People of Jacb, Book II, In the Middle is currently being copy-editedand
should be out soon.  Just Google my name for a complete list of my work.*