Re: Screencast

The built-in screencast recorder has worked well for me as well. Beware though
that you will need to use the "gsettings" command to update the value of "max-
screencast-length" or else the video will automatically stop after only 30
seconds.

Also, if you want audio, you'd probably have to record that separately somehow
and use something to merge the audio and video files into one recording. e.g.:

https://superuser.com/questions/277642/how-to-merge-audio-and-video-file-in-ffmpeg

When using the i3 window manager, I wrote a custom script and mapped it to a
hotkey. Let me know if you'd be interested in that script and I can post it
here.