Re: Staging instance server

Le vendredi 06 septembre 2019 à 08:15 -0400, Paul Frields a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:58 AM Michael Scherer <mscherer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Le jeudi 05 septembre 2019 à 08:09 -0400, Paul Frields a écrit :
> > > Off the top of my head...
> > >
> > > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 7:43 AM Michael Scherer <
> > > mscherer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > - how up to date do we want it to be regarding posts, etc ?
> > > >

> > > Doesn't need to be sync'd all the time. If the current content is
> > > needed we
> > > can always ask.

> > > Staging seems right to me.
> >
> > Ok, we need to keep that in mind if we sync again, this will be
> > erased/forgotten.
> >
> > I will take care of that next week.
> >

> Is there any risk to FAS if someone gains access to the staging
> server? My
> bet is not (only exposes an ability to federate ID) but if so, that
> would
> be one less thing to worry about. We could use production in that
> case.

That is a good point, I would say "no" for openid, but I didn't look in
details. I can't even find the git repo for the automated login plugin
(who just insert a js script for that), so I will likely have to do
touch to the code myself.

Worst possible attack I can think of would be if a cunning attacker
simply replace the remote server in that plugin code, redirecting
people for phising credentials on a fake FAS server. I do assume that
most people wouldn't check the URL or anything.

But this is quite convoluted, nor something we can fix on wp side.

--
Michael Scherer / He/Il/Er/Él
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure