Re: Pitch - packit a tool to automate upstream into downstream

Hi Petr,

I don't normally read pitches, but yours is of particular interest to
me.  I have a few questions and comments:

1. Is the 's' in colins a typo in: downstream_package_name: colins ?
2. It doesn't seem that packit generate spec files.  Is this true?  If
so, I think your opening paragraphs need to be clearer about what
packit is doing and what it doesn't do.  In particular, reading, "with
just one configuration file in your upstream repository, packit will
automatically package your software into Fedora" I thought it did spec
generation.  I was going to ask how this relates to things like
rust2rpm and go2rpm.  But this may not be the case ...

regards,

bex

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Petr Hracek <phracek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally, I have posted the article about packit. Sorry for being late.
> https://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=27782&action=edit
>
> ne 5. 5. 2019 v 18:54 odesílatel Paul Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:
>
> > +1 for sure Petr -- go for it! We could publish this as early as
> > Friday May 17 if you can have it ready by, say, Monday May 13 for
> > editingn.
> >
> > --
> > Paul
> >
> > On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Stephen Snow <s40w5s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes please do an article on this, it would certainly be relevant to
> > > Silverblue users, and in general for developers on all Fedora variants.
> > >
> > > Stephen

> > packit to

> --
> Petr Hracek
> Senior Software Engineer
> Userspace Containerization team, Platform
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Mob: +420 777 056 169
> email: phracek@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian "bex" Exelbierd (he/him/his)
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org
bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx | bex@xxxxxxxxx